The Italian Sampler Trip 2020
Italy appeals to the heart and soul of every traveler—with its historical significance and extraordinary beauty. It inspires a sense of romance, excitement, creativity, and amazing cuisine. On this Italy tour, get a sample of what Italy has to offer, from its historic sights and its marvelous art and architecture to its tasty cuisine and inspired drinks. Overnight in Rome, the Chianti Hills, Montecatini, the Verona area, and Padua, and see glorious scenery along the way.
Enjoy guided sightseeing that includes the must-see sights, such as Rome’s Colosseum, and the Sistine Chapel, home to Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings; Michelangelo’s David in Florence; and St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice, dating to the late 11th century. In Mantua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, visit the Teatro Bibiena, designed by Antonio Galli Bibiena in late baroque/early rococo style, where Mozart performed at the age of 13. A spectacular drive through the Dolomites—the “Rocky Mountains” of Europe—brings you to Bassano for a pre- arranged a special treat: a grappa tasting along with local specialties at the Grappa Museum. But that‘s not all… among the many unique experiences on this tour, offered by Tillie James Travel LLC, you will travel to the medieval walled town of Monteriggioni, which dates back to the early 13th century and still has the original 14 towers. Walk through the main square and have free time to explore, and taste the traditional almond cookie specialties.
• ROME - Welcome dinner at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the Colosseum and Roman Forum, the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica
• MONTERIGGIONI - [LF] Visit the medieval walled town and taste cantucci alle mandorle
• FLORENCE - Guided walking tour, visit Michelangelo’s David and Signoria Square
• PISA - Marvel at the legendary Leaning Tower
• MANTUA - Guided sightseeing, visit Teatro Bibiena
• VERONA - Guided walking tour including Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza Brà
• TRENTO - Orientation
• BASSANO [LF] Taste the local grappa at the Poli Museo della Grappa
• PADUA See St. Anthony's Basilica
• VENICE Private boat ride; guided walking tour, visit St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, Doges’ Palace and the Bridge of Sighs; glassblower demonstration; farewell dinner at Al Colombo restaurant and a ride private water taxi ride
WHAT’S INCLUDED: 1. Meals: Full buffet breakfast daily; 5 three-course dinners, including dinners at a local restaurant in Rome and Venice
2. Hotel accommodations
3. Tours previously listed
4. Headsets throughout the tour.
5. Motorcoach Transportation
6. Free WI-FI available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
7. A Pre-Trip Meeting to discuss details to get you started.
DATES: Saturday, October 10, 2020 – Sunday, October 18, 2020
COST: Room options below does not include airfare**
**Airfare and Travel Protection costs will become available in January 2020
Single Room Option: $2,201.00 p/p
Double occupancy: $1,941.00 p/p
Triple occupancy: $1,906.00 p/p
INITIAL DEPOSIT: $449.00* per person, DUE BY: February 28, 2020
FINAL PAYMENT DUE BY: August 1, 2020
*DEPOSITS: Nontransferable, but are refundable up to 120 prior to travel; any time afterwards would result in the loss of your deposit.
Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.