The following are taxes on businesses for different aspects of the business:
- Business Personal Property Tax: $3.80 per $100 of assessed value
- Machinery and Tools Tax: $3.50 per $100 of assessed value
- Motor Carriers: $3.50 per $100
- Adjusted with mileage report
- Real Estate Tax: $0.82 per $100
- Business Equipment: assessed on sliding scale
- Equipment assessed at 22% original costs
- Heavy Equipment assessed on sliding scale
- Farm Equipment assessed on sliding scale
- Larger Business Trucks/Heavy Equipment assessed on sliding scale
- Proration begins January 1, 2013 - does not apply to business equipment
Business Professional Occupation License
- All businesses are required to register with the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office.
- Gross Receipts determine liability.
- County Businesses: Business, Professional, and Occupational Licenses (BPOL) Tax Begins After $150,000. However, all businesses are required to file their gross receipts annually with the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office.
Tax Rates Per Dollar
- Contractor: 0.0012
- Fortune Teller: $500 Flat Rate
- Professional: 0.0049
- Public Service: 0.0050
- Retailer: 0.0015
- Service: 0.0019
- Wholesaler: 0.0005