HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
Voters may apply to register to vote by going online to www.elections.virginia.gov. If you are already registered you do not need to register again. You can always check your status at the site above. Registering for the first time will require a Virginia issued DMV ID to complete the transaction online. If a voter does not have a Virginia issued DMV ID, they can print the application out and mail it to the Registrar’s Office at P.O. Box 304, Bowling Green, VA 22427. You will receive a voter registration card in about two weeks showing the precinct that you would normally vote at.
In the election process, the Registrar assists local candidates with forms and questions, checks and files forms for local election candidates and verifies needed petitions when required or requested. In supervising elections, the Registrar instructs Election Officers in their duties and responsibilities, obtains and delivers forms and supplies to polling places, and advises voters of their polling places and of any changes in polling places that may occur.
Other duties may be assigned by the State Board of Elections or county Electoral Board. The State Board of Elections establishes the salary for the General Registrar and annually reimburses the County for this expense.
If you received a notice from the Voter Participation Center (VPC) -or- The Center
for Voter Information (CVI) indicating you are not registered to vote, you may
confirm your voter registration information online through the Virginia
Department of Elections at:
Complaints for the Voter Participation Center (VPC) can be directed to them at:
877-255-6750 -or- 202-420-3034
Complaints for The Center Voter Information (CVI) can be directed to them at:
Become an Officer of Election & lend a hand for democracy!
- June 8, 2021 Democratic Primary Important Dates to Remember - THERE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY THERE WAS A CONVENTION TO SELECT CANDIDATES (PDF)
- 3 Ways to Vote in the June 8, 2021 Democratic Primary - THERE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY THERE WAS A CONVENTION TO SELECT CANDIDATES (PDF)
- Caroline Sample Ballot 1 June 8, 2021 (PDF)
- Caroline Sample Ballot 2 with 99th District June 8, 2021 (PDF)
- Official Election Notice - UOCAVA Voters June 8, 2021 (PDF)
- Signed Order to Call Primary June 8, 2021 (PDF)
- Election District Map (PDF)
- Representatives (PDF)
- VA House of Delegate Districts (PDF)
- Voting Precincts (PDF)
- Caroline County Polling Locations With Photos
- Notice to Carmel Church Precinct Voters
- Seasonal Employment Opportunity - Officer of Election (PDF)