Current Openings on the Job Hotline
Attention Employers Call 804-633-4074 or email Cassie Ruby with current positions available within your organization. This free service, offered by the Caroline Board of Supervisors and the Department of Economic Development, is in place to assist your organization and job seekers alike with the opportunity to find employment/employees.
Below are current job openings in Caroline County. Please contact the employer directly via the contact information listed.
Caroline County Government job openings can be found here.
Position: Full Time Janitorial SupervisorDescription
ServiceMaster Services is seeking a full time working supervisor to direct janitorial services for a distribution center client located in the Ruther Glen area of Caroline County.
- The position is a Monday through Friday day shift starting at 7:30 a.m. (hours will vary).
- Responsibilities will include supervising, cleaning and handling materials.
- Pay is $13.50 per hour and holiday, vacation and healthcare benefits will be offered.
• Consistently provide a clean, secure and safe environment for the occupants of your building.
• Direct staff to accomplish daily, weekly and project specified cleaning tasks.
• Effectively and cost efficiently execute the cleaning plan and tote handling for the building.
• Train, supervise, develop and motivate your janitorial staff.
• Manage staffing levels, work schedules and time & attendance records.
• Manage and control client equipment, supplies and materials inventory.
• Regularly inspect buildings to ensure cleanliness, secure and safe operations.
• Take corrective action when appropriate.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through prompt responses to customer requests and concerns.
• 3-5 years of experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities and accomplishments.
• Pass criminal background and drug tests
• Experience leading and managing an hourly work force in janitorial, fast food, retail, construction or similar industries.
• Strong communications skills. Ability to work well with others at all levels.
• Strong work ethic and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
• Physically able to perform all tasks which include walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, crouching and lifting.
Position: Full Time Tote Handler:
ServiceMaster Services is seeking full time employees to provide cleaning and tote handling services for a distribution center client located in the Ruther Glen area of Caroline County.
- The position is a Monday through Friday day shift starting around 7:30 a.m. (hours will vary).
- Pay is $8.25 per hour and benefits include holiday and vacation pay.
As a tote handler you will clean, prep, stack and move totes that are used for shipping products to our client's customers .
• Education and work history that demonstrates work ethic and responsibility.
• Pass criminal background and drug tests.
• Must have ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Fluency in English is a requirement.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Physically able to perform all tasks which include walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and crouching.
If you are interested in applying, call us at (804) 285-8882 and tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for the position. You can also visit our website: http://www.svmservices.net/employment_opp.php and fill an application out to either fax over or drop off at our office. Our fax number is (804) 282-2472 and our main office is located at 2109 N. Hamilton Street, Suite C. Richmond, VA 23230.
Another employment resource is the Virginia Workforce Connection. Find employment opportunities in or around Caroline County.